Recently a birth board sister of mine wrote a blog entry about naming her son Jayne. It was picked up by Today’s Parent and has made it’s way to TV shows like “The Social“. Some of the comments have been supportive, but of course some have been less than great and it got me thinking about how we name our children.
It’s that time again!
Rounding up my faves from this week.
- I have been glued to this live feed of April The Giraffe who is dueto give birth. The media has claimed labour for days (although we could still have a while according to Animal Adventure Park) and I’m hopelessly invested. My kids are curious, but Blue (my inquisitive one) has so many questions about it. I hope he’s able to witness the actual birth.
- The way this girl talks about food makes me think we’re kindred spirits!
- The beautiful dance took my breath away. You need to watch it.
- I laughed so hard at this mom’s viral video. Wacky hair and neon colours were popular in the 80s, just sayin’.
- Date day with hubby (and the best brushetta ever!)
What are your faves this week?
Comment to let me know (or just link to them in the comments so I can check them out!)
I’ve spent the last week either taking care of sick kids or being sick myself. In that time I didn’t have much time for things like blogging (or anything, really) but that gave me time to reflect. & some of those reflections were on my blog. I love blogging even though sometimes it feels like I’m talking to myself out here, but I find that I’m doing the same old boring things. I think I’m ready to step out of my comfort zone. I have occasionally posted some personal things, but I tend to play it safe. I think I need more of those personal touches. I’m not ready, but who ever is? Get ready for the real, raw, hot-mess mom moments.
This week has been brutal. I spent Valentine’s night (AKA my husband’s birthday) with a sick, pukey toddler, and that was just the highlight of the week. The bug made it’s way through the house leaving no one behind. In a family of 7 that means over a week of dealing with someone puking. We did manage to have a sick-free day on Saturday where Hubby and I could catch lunch and a movie (date days/nights are still important!) the next day I woke up feeling like death. Lady Girl and I spent the day curled up together sleeping and watching netflix. I lived off of apple juice and applesauce for a couple of days, and it definitely left me hangry. Today I have no energy and my house looks like a tornado hit it after there was a war waged here and I’m too tired to really do anything other than be grumpy about it. Thankfully Hubby’s a better cook than he is a domestic engineer so my kids had home made meals and not take out for three days.
The one good thing about being sick is it seems to have helped me curb my pop addiction, something I’ve struggled with lately (by lately I mean always) , and now I’ve had a few sips of it here and there but I don’t crave it like before. I guess that’s the silver lining of being sick, right?
This has been a really crazy, hard week around the world with many people being left feeling a little lost and hopeless. In the chaos I found some beautiful moments that reminded me that the world isn’t as crazy as it seems.
- This reminder that I live in a diverse country that welcomes everyone.
- The countless out pouring of love shown by the world for the victims of the Quebec Mosque shooting. #TouisUnis <3
- The helpers
When bad things happen in the world it’s nice to have reminders that it’s not all so bad.
Happy Friday! Let’s hope next week there are more helpers than not. <3