This year has flown by so fast, I can’t believe Christmas is this weekend!
In our house we spend Christmas Eve preparing for the arrival of Santa, and part of that tradition is leaving out cookies and egg nog. If you’re preparing for Santa’s visit or you’re just looking for some yummy Christmas treats, Northpole.com has some great recipes!
In keeping with the holiday spirit, let’s check out today’s Tasty Tuesday!
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons water
- several crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together margarine with sugars until light and creamy. Add egg and extracts and blend in.
- In separate bowl mix flour, salt and baking soda. Add to sugar mixture.
- Stir in water as needed until batter is smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy.
- Return to oven for 1 minute or until candy begins to melt.
- Remove and cool on wire rack for twenty minutes.
- Great with hot cocoa!