I was nominated for a libster award by Christy Marie. Christy has a lifestyle blog and is fairly new to the blogging world. Drop by and say hello, I’m sure she’ll appreciate it!
11 Random things about me:
- I love butterflies. I think they’re beautiful and unique.
- I have two tattoos, a nursing pinup mom on my left shoulder blade, and three butterflies on my right calf, each in a different colour which represents the birthstone of a person; my grandfather, my grandmother & my mother. (Sort of like this, but with three butterflies instead of two)
- I was raised by my grandparents.
- I lived in the city but we spent all the time we could in the country. I’m homesick for it sometimes.
- I love research and information. It’s both a blessing & a curse.
- I’m really tall. I stand 6 ft 2 barefoot.
- Hubby and I have been together since just before I turned 19.
- I have never driven a car and don’t have my license.
- I’m a weirdo who likes pineapple on my pizza.
- I don’t really drink coffee. I like iced coffee and pop (soda) though. [I’m trying to cut back on caffeine though]
- Autumn is my favourite season.
How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start?
I started blogging on Livejournal in 2003. At the time I joined hoping to have a private place to post my thoughts. At the time my grandmother, whom I lived with, was dying of brain cancer, Hubby and I were just getting back together after a breakup, and I had a 2 year old. My life was completely upside down and I needed a place to put it all. I soon learned how supportive the community could be. I still blog there privately because I have such a connection with some of the friends I made there.
I started dabbling in public blogging a couple of years ago, but I only just started to put myself into it last fall. I have no idea what brought me to the public, other than my love of the connection to other bloggers.
What is your favorite color and why?
Right now I’m in love with purples. I don’t know why. I was obsessed with light blue for the longest time though.
What is a current trend that you just can’t get on board with?
I don’t even know what’s trendy right now LOL
What is your favorite trip you’ve ever taken?
It’s a toss up between Tennesse and Mexico. We drove from Ontario to TN when I was younger and got to see a lot of great things. I really loved the Grand Ole Opry!
Mexico was beautiful and rich in culture. Even though I was very young I still remember a lot of it.
If you had to pick a theme song for your current stage in life, what would it be?
I need an actual soundtrack! Seriously, I feel like I’m in so many different phases during this stage, between parenting kids in various ages and finding myself, I don’t think one song can do it justice.
Sometimes I’m stressed out, sometimes true love isn’t perfect, but music and dancing always make it better.
Do you consider yourself to be critical thinking or creativity inspired? How does it effect how you blog?
I’m more critical. Sometimes it makes it hard to really be personal on my blog because I’m the most critical of myself and feel others will be too.
What is something that can always cheer you up on a gloomy day?
Besides the kids? Music. Always.
-If you were given $1,000,000.00 dollars at 8 am with the precedent that anything unspent by midnight had to be returned, how would you spend the day?
Pay off all my debt and then shopping spree! Toys, Clothes, food. New appliances, a car, tickets for somewhere.
- “Never forget what you are. the rest of the world will not. wear it like armour, & it can never be used to hurt you” – Tyrion Lannister [in a game of thrones]
- “Maybe the truth is, there’s a little bit of loser in all of us. Being happy isn’t having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it’s about stringing together all the little things.” ― Ann Brashares, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- “Ever morning, until you dead in the ground, you gone have to make this decision. You gone have to ask yourself, “Am I gone believe what them fools say about me today?” ― Kathryn Stockett, The Help
- “My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” ― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
-What is one thing that is just outside your comfort zone, but that you’ve always wanted to do?
I really think I’d love to climb a mountain, I imagine it would be breathtakingly beautiful, but the whole afraid of height thing stops me.
Would you rather get dressed up and go to or stay home in your pajamas?
I don’t even like to leave my house to give birth, so I think we all know that answer. (Spoiler, Pj’s and stay home win, always)
- Sarah blogs about family life with three children, 1 dog and chickens @ Five at 15
- Lauren G blogs at Three Makes A Family about balancing her life as woman, wife and mother.
- Meg serves her view of life, love & motherhood with a side or pleasant sarcasm on her blog Life With A Side Of Sarcasm
- Morgan’s blog Motherhood By Morgan is a blog that reaches out to parents and gives them a sense of community. In fact she has even started a fb community from her blog.
- Louise blogs about everything over at babygatesdown
Drop by their blogs and say hi!
- What is the meaning behind your blog name?
- When did you start blogging?
- What are your top blogs that you like to read?
- Do you prefer the country or the city? Why?
- If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
- What is the one thing you can’t live without? (Not including people)
- What is your current favourite song?
- If you were on a desert island what 3 things would you take with you?
- If you were to invite five celebrities to your home for dinner, who would they be?
- What are your talents?
- What is a piece of advise you would like to share?
RULES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
THANK THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED YOU IN YOUR POST AND LINK BACK TO THEIR SITE
DISPLAY THE LIEBSTER AWARD LOGO ON YOUR BLOG
ANSWER 11 QUESTIONS FROM THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED YOU
TELL YOUR READERS 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOU
NOMINATE 5-11 BLOGGERS WITH LESS THAN 1000 FOLLOWERS FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARDS
ASK YOUR NOMINEES TO ANSWER 11 QUESTIONS