It’s no secret I really like breakfast for dinner.
French toast is my first choice, almost always, but my kids really love pancakes.
I love to switch it up so they aren’t plain. This recipe sounds simple yet tasty.
I would top it with slices of apples or maybe get really creative and add apple pie filling.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium apple – peeled, cored, and chopped
Ready In: 25 m
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Combine the eggs, milk, honey and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add apple.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
Do you like breakfast for dinner? What’s your favourite go to?
How do you spruce things up so they aren’t boring?