Before really diving into the blogging world I had no idea there were so many National Days. I mean, of course I knew some of the basic ones but the blogging world has introduced me to so many more national days than I could imagine existed.
For instance, did you know that today is National Grilled Cheese day?
I didn’t. I also didn’t have a dinner plan for tonight, so it was helpful to find that out.
On that note, today’s Tasty Tuesday is grilled cheese with a twist.
PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
Found on Kirbie Cravings
- 6 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp butter spread
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 21 slices of pepperoni
- 3/4 cup marinara sauceMakes three sandwiches.
1. Spread about 1/2 tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Spread 1/4 cup of cheese on three slices of bread, on top of un-buttered side. Spread 7 slices of pepperoni on top of cheese for each of the three slices . Spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce on top of pepperoni for each of the three slices. Spread another 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the sauce. Place remaining slices of bread on top, to form sandwiches (with butter side facing up).
3. Place frying pan on stove and turn to medium heat. Once hot, carefully place one sandwich in the frying pan, cooking the bottom buttered side until golden and toasty and the cheese is melty. Then carefully flip over and cook until other side is also toasty and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. If cheese does not melt to your desired consistency, you can briefly microwave sandwich for about 10-15 seconds before eating.
How amazing does this sound?
Seriously, pizza and grilled cheese mixed together?
Now I’m sad we’re just having regular old grilled cheese tonight.